Also known as photobiomodulation, is a non-intrusive and painless treatment that uses specific wavelengths of light to stimulate cellular-level functions in the body. This therapy has gained popularity in recent years due to its potential positives for a variety of health concerns. In this article, we will explore the science behind it and why it is so good.
Book a complimentary consultation, here or on the phone.
What is a light-emitting diode?
It involves exposing the skin to specific wavelengths of LEDs, typically in the red light, blue light, or near-infrared spectrum. These penetrate the skin and stimulate the mitochondria in the cells to produce more ATP, the energy currency of the cell. This improvement in ATP production can lead to a variety of positive effects.
Red LED lights, which typically use between 630 and 700 nanometers, red light has been shown to improve circulation, lessen inflammation, and promote elastin production at a cellular level. It is commonly used for anti-ageing, fine lines, wound healing, and pain relief.
Blue LED, which uses between 405 and 420 nanometers, is primarily used to treat acne and other skin conditions. Blue LED light therapy kills bacteria on the skin, which can lessen tenderness and an improvement in your skin's feel.
Near-infrared, which uses between 800 and 900 nanometers, has been shown to stimulate cellular function, lessen irritation, and promote tissue repair. It is commonly used for pain relief, wound, and rejuvenation.
How does it work?
Its positives it are thought to be due to its ability to stimulate cellular function. When cells are exposed to specific wavelengths, they absorb the energy and use it to produce more ATP. This increase in energy production can lead to a variety of positive effects.
One of the main ways that it works is by reducing inflaming. It is a natural response of the body to injury or infection, but chronic inflammation can lead to a variety of health problems, including pain, arthritis, and heart disease. It has been proven to lessen inflaming by increasing circulation and promoting cellular repair.
Another way that it works is by promoting tissue repair. When cells are exposed to specific wavelengths, they produce more elastin, which is the protein that makes up the connective tissue. This improvement in collagen production can lead to an improved feel of the skin, reducing lines, and faster healing of wounds.
It has also been shown to increase circulation. When cells are exposed to specific wavelengths, they produce more nitric oxide, which is a molecule that helps to dilate blood vessels and an improvement in flow. This can lead to better oxygenation of tissues, reduced pain, and faster remediation of wounds.
What are the positives?
It has provided a variety of potential benefits for the body. Some of the most commonly reported positives include:
- Improved skin texture and appearance: It has been shown to improve feel, and lines, and the overall look.
- Pain relief: It has been proven to lessen pain in a variety of conditions, including arthritis, fibromyalgia, and neuropathy.
- Reduced inflaming: It has been shown to reduce inflaming, which can help to alleviate a variety of health problems.
- Improved circulation: It has been proven to increase circulation, which can help to icrease the oxygenation of tissues and lower pain.
- Wounds: It has been shown to promote remediation and reduce scarring.
- Improved athletic performance: It has been proven to increase athletic performance by reducing muscle fatigue and improving recovery time.
Book now for your safest effective treatment, contact us over the phone or online, all you need to do is find a few minutes of your time.
LED resurfacing solution better skin tone and feel no downtime
Frequently asked questions or FAQs can be found below.
Photorejuvenation, also known as intense pulsed light (IPL) therapy, is a popular cosmetic treatment that uses pulses of light to improve the look of the skin. Here are some reasons why photo resurfacing is considered to be effective:
- Stimulates elastin production: The light pulses used in IPL therapy penetrate and stimulate the production of elastin, a protein that is essential for health and elasticity. As a result, IPL therapy can help reduce the look of fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging.
- Targets multiple skin concerns: IPL therapy is versatile and can be used to address a variety of concerns, including age spots, sun damage, rosacea, and broken capillaries.
- Non-intrusive: Unlike surgical procedures, IPL therapy does not require any incisions or injections. This means that there is minimal downside and the risk of complications is low.
- Safe and effective: IPL therapy is a safer and more effective treatment that has been used for decades to improve the look of the skin. It is suitable for most skin types and can be customized to meet individual needs.
Overall, photorejuvenation is a good option for individuals looking to improve the look of their skin without the need for intrusive procedures or extended downside.
- active acne skin tightening skin treatments
- acne peels, don't forget peels they work wonders peels
- facial skin rejuvenation skin tightening
- IPL and laser hair removal skin treatments
- acne clinic sessions results clinic
What we don't do
- skin needling medical grade dermal fillers
- cosmetic injectables
I have seen the power of the light
Try this oxygen hydro jet peel before the light
Light can be used to resurface the skin, depending on the type of light and the specific skin condition being treated.
For example, laser resurfacing uses high-energy light to remove the outer layers of skin and stimulate elastin production, which can improve the look of fine lines, wrinkles, scars, and uneven skin tone.
Intense pulsed light (IPL) therapy, on the other hand, uses a broad spectrum of light to target pigmented areas or blood vessels, which can be useful for treating conditions like age spots, sun damage, and rosacea.
It's important to note that light-based skin resurfacing treatments can have potential side effects, such as temporary redness, swelling, or scabbing, so it's important to consult with a qualified dermatologist or skin care professional before undergoing any such treatments.
Beauty LED resurfacing results near me #1 leading facial
Beauty LED resurfacing results near me #1 leading facial, Lane Cove. This is one of the most underrated beauty offerings, so why not make a booking now?
Service Type: Complimentary consultation
When I come will finding parking be easy?
Yes, we have 500 underground parks across the street.
Led light treatments near me skin rejuvenation
Led light treatments near me skin rejuvenation Xara Skin Clinic 02 9420 9777Our Address 2/85 Longueville Rd, Lane Cove(Entry 2/36 Birdwood Lane), NSW, 2066