Laser tattoo removal treatment after care what’s involved?
Wondering what tattoo removal involves? Don’t know what to expect?
Laser tattoo removal treatment after care what’s involved? In most cases they are little or no after side effects from the complete removal of a tattoo. We start most treatments with conservative settings, because every ones skin is different. After a tattoo removal laser treatment, your body may need time to recover and rebuild healthy skin. That is why it is highly recommended that customers avoid any vigorous activity for up to a few days.
Laser tattoo removal aftercare instructions
Of course, smaller tattoos require less down time. However, in general, it is necessary that all treated area go through a healing process to keep your skin protected and healing properly. An antibiotic dressing will need to be applied daily until the area heals.
Furthermore, your body is a given resting period for a minimum of 5 to 9 weeks between each treatment session. This allows the body enough time to absorb and remove the tattoo pigment particles through its natural defence mechanisms and lymphatic system. You may experience certain side effects from removing a tattoo, most customers don’t.
Laser treatment tattoo removal aftercare instructions
Below we’ve put together a list of some of the most common side effects customers may experience and ways to help you minimise any discomfort:
Customers may experience scabs or blisters forming on the top layer of the skin, within or around the treated area. This looks like a bubble but it is important that you don’t burst your blisters as it can result in an infection. Blisters are in fact your body’s way of protecting your skin from bacteria. The blistering can last around 3-5 days, but if it there is severe discomfort its best to contact your doctor and let us know.
Swelling is another potential side effect and there are a few things you can do to reduce the swelling. You can apply ice to the area for around 10 minutes at a time, with 5 minutes break in between. To help with the inflammation for larger tattoos on the torso, back and chest it is also best to avoid strenuous repetitive movements. If you’re experiencing swelling on your arms and legs, keep them elevated to help with blood circulation. Larger tattoos can take up to 3 to 5 days before swelling dies down.
Experiencing redness directly after a laser tattoo removal session is normal as your skin is still very sensitive. It is caused by pinpoint bleeding within the skin and can last up to 72 hours. If you start to see excessive amounts of blood, however, it is best to see a doctor and let us know. Avoid exercise and keep the skin under your dressing dry by patting off any sweat or water. If you’re redness does not seem to be getting better within 7 to 10 days, see your doctor and contact us to let us know.
Itchiness can happen a few hours after a using a laser to remove a tattoo. It is normal for itchiness can last up to 6 weeks. It’s best not to scratch the affected area. However, if the itchiness becomes severe, see your doctor and let our clinic know.
Crusting, dryness and scabbing
Once the blisters have subsided, it is common to see crusting, dryness or scabbing start to form. Don’t pick at it. It’s best to leave your skin to heal on its own to avoid irritating it further.
Do you suspect an infection forming? Please seek medical assistance right away. Infections are characterised by increasing redness and pain. You may even start to notice a discharge of pus coming from a deep lesion within the skin.
Follow up and be consistent with your laser tattoo removal aftercare
It is crucial that customers are consistently following through their laser tattoo removal treatments process post treatment routine. This is crucial if you want to make your following treatments safe and to overall achieve a successful outcome. For the affected area to heal properly follow the advice of our clinicians and your GP and apply dressing daily.
To begin your treatment, contact us today!
Talk to us today! At Xara Skin Care Clinic we use the most advanced laser removal technology available to remove or fade your unwanted tattoos safely painlessly effectively removed. Our highly trained technicians will carefully assess each patient’s individual needs to develop a personalised plan that is best for you. End, completely healed.
Located on the North Shore of Sydney, Xara Skin Care Clinic strives to achieve the fastest and most effective results to reach your full satisfaction! For more information please call us at 02 9420 977 or 04325 90992.
FAQs laser tattoo removed aftercare instructions
Does it leave scarring?
Most customers don’t actually develop scarring. But in case this does happen or you notice a minor textural change to your skin, Xara Skin Care Clinic can remove scars with Thermagie-CPT and other scar removal.
How long will it take to remove my tattoo?
The speed of removal depends on several factors. This includes the kind of colour and type of tattoo ink that was used and how deep the tattoo ink reaches into your skin. Furthermore, each treatment can be 5 to 9 weeks apart to allow the skin enough time to heal between.
Does it hurt?
It is relatively painless! Customers will only feel a type of sensation akin to a soft rubber band flick to the skin over. The treatment takes between 15 to 30m minutes depending on the size of the tattoo. And the good news is, getting it removed is much less painless than getting a tattoo in the first place!
How does work?
Our highly trained technicians will conduct the removal process using a highly precise microsurgery technique called “selective photo thermolysis”. This technique uses wavelengths of light at very high energy levels at an extremely short period of time to heat the specific tattoo pigmented tissue and shatters them into smaller ink particles. This gradually destroys them whilst the body’s immune system will work over several weeks to flush the ink out of your body. It is painless with the whole treatment is usually only lasting a few minutes. To find out more please call us at Xara Skin Care Clinic 02 9420 977 or 04325 90992.
Where is Xara Skin Clinic?
Xara Skin Care Clinic Sydney. We specialise in providing the best skin services tailored to suit your specific skin type and skin problems. For more information please call us at 02 9420 977 or 04325 90992.
Laser removal of tattoos treatment after care what’s involved?
Laser removal of tattoos treatment after care what’s involved? We have put together a list of side effects you may encounter and how to treat them. Still not sure?
Service Type: Free consultation
- Christmas specials on famous serums 20% off the 118ml size
- New 650 585 laser pigmentation port wine fugal nail treatment
- What do customers think of EMS its great they love its #1
- Fantastic new products serums Sydney at great prices #1 best
- EMT EMS fat removal muscle building Sydney #1 great results
- Anti-aging wrinkle removal serums Sydney #1 fantastic
- Special price Laser carbon facial Sydney #1 limited offer
- Hydro facial peel Sydney #1 fantastic anti-ageing treatments
- The Canopy Lane Cove on Birdwood Lane opposite Xara Skin Clinic
- The corona virus and bald men great hair regrowth Sydney
- Hair straightening - a guide to flat ironsFlatten those waves for the look you want
- Keep your skin glowing in winterProtect your skin against winter cold and stress
- Finding the perfect makeup brushNavigate through the makeup brush maze
- How often should tanning bed lamps be replaced?Essential maintenance advice for tanning beds
- Fur or no fur, that is the questionCampaigners protest against Burberry's use of fur on the catwalk
- The right exercise for butts and thighsFor better bums and thighs you must do the right exercises in the right way
- Finding the right foundation garmentHide your body flaws and look great in clothes with a foundation garment
- How to Demand Justice for George Floyd and Support Anti-Racism Efforts
- Do Waist Trainers Actually Work
- The 16Best New Products to Try in Isolation This Month
- Ariana Grande Tinashe and Several Other Celebrities Join Protests Against George Floyd's Death
- Hannah Brown Says She Doesn't Want to Be an "Ignorant White Girl Who Uses the N-Word" in Apology Video
- Kate Middleton and Prince William Are Reportedly Suing Tatler Over"Sexist" Cover Story
- Chrissy Teigen Donates 200000 to Bail Out George Floyd Protestors